Juniper Berry Oil:
Juniper Berry Essential Oil is calming and helps to ease stress without imparting the sedative effects that clary sage and the chamomiles are known for. Spiritually, Juniper Berry Essential Oil used in a room mist, diffuser or candle burner cleanses and purifies the air. It is a good choice for use during prayer or meditation.
Juniper Oil has a distinctive aroma that is woody, sweet, fresh and crisp. Juniper Berry Essential Oil blends well with wood oils like cedar wood, sandalwood and rosewood and other conifers like cypress and fir needle. it blends well with clary sage, or the grounding base notes of vetiver or patchouli. Juniper berry blends well with citrus oils including orange or grapefruit.
Juniper berries are responsible for giving gin its distinctive flavor. The name gin is a loose derivative of the word juniper. Jenever, a Dutch predecessor to today's gin was named from Jeneverbes, the Dutch word for juniper.
Juniper berries are classified in the culinary herb/spice category because they are commonly used as a flavoring for drinks and in cooking and preserving foods. it is also considered an herbal bitter and is thought to help promote digestion.
Juniper is a strong aromatic (scented) herb from an evergreen plant or tree. It grows in temperate regions of Northern Europe, Asia, and North America.
There are many medical conditions that some have claimed juniper berries can treat including:
- Dyspepsia: A condition of the upper abdomen with pain, discomfort, and bloating after meals and nausea, heartburn, and regurgitation of food or acid
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Insomnia: When juniper berry oil is mixed with other oils
- Rash, eczema, and wound healing
- Bladder infections
- Diabetes: Limited clinical research
- High cholestero
- Some types of cancer: More research is needed
Toxicity: Large doses of juniper berries could be toxic and may lead to:
So it is advised that to take expert advice before using juniper berry for its medicinal benefits.
Due to its great aromatic qualities the oil is widely used in Cosmetics, Perfumery, Toiletries and aromatherapy industry.
- Botanical Name - Juniperus Communis
- Color and Appearance - Colorless to pale yellow liquid
- Odor - A fresh, rich balsamic, woody sweet and pine needle like.
- Odour Strength - Medium
- Blending Nature - Cedarwood, Bergamot, Geranium, Cypress, Lavander, Sandalwood, Rosemary,Grapefruit.
- Industrial destination - Fragrance Industry, Flavour Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Food Industry, Cosmetic Industry
- Country of Origin - India
- Grade - Cosmetic
- Main ingredients - Pinene,Sabinene, Myrcene, 1,4-Cineole
- Extraction method - Steam Distillation
- Caution - It should be avoided during pregnancy and by those who have kidney problems. It should be used in low concentrations.
- Application - Used as a modifier for pine fragrances,Amberis, fougere Chypres after shaves and colonges.