Cypress Oil (Spanish):
Cypress essential oil is from Cupressus sempervirens of the Cupressaceae family and is also known as Italian or Mediterranean cypress. It has a positive effect on excess fluids in general, thereby improving circulation, sorting out coughs and bronchitis. It assists with varicose veins and female problems and is definitely an oil to have around. Cypress oil is extracted from the needles and twigs of young branches by steam distillation and yields 1.3 - 1.5 %.
Cupressus sempervirens is the botanical name for cypress. Sempervirens means “live forever.” The cypress tree originates in France and Spain. Cypress wood was used by many ancient civilizations because of its durability. From doors to ships, statues, and even coffins, cypress wood was a favourite.
Cypress essential oil has a fresh and clean scent that is revitalizing, energizing and intensely refreshing. When applied topically to skin, Cypress has clarifying effects that tighten pores and control sebum levels of oily skin. Inhaling Cypress oil vapors helps decongest and lift the spirits. When diffused, it has a grounding aroma that evokes feelings of wellness and vitality making it extremely helpful as an ambient scent during times of intense worry, transition or loss.
The oil is widely used in Cosmetics, Perfumery, Aromatherapy, skin and body care products
- Botanical Name - Cypressus Sempervirens
- Color and Appearance - Light Yellow mobile liquid
- Odor - Sweet Balsamic yet refreshing
- Odour Strength - Medium to Strong
- Grade - Therapeutic
- Method of Production - Steam Distillation
- Country of Origin - India (from Spanish Crop)
- Blends well with - Benzoin,Cardamom, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Geranium,Juniper,Lavender, Mandarine, Rose Otto,Rosemary,Tea Tree.
- Application - Used in perfumery as modifier in pine needle fragrances in Citrus colognes, fougeres,chypres and in modern aldehydic perfumes.
- Industrial destination - Fragrance Industry, Flavour Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Food Industry, Cosmetic Industry