Osmanthus fragrans is a flower native to China and to some asian countries that is valued for its delicate fruity-floral apricot aroma. It is especially valued as an additive for tea and other beverages in the far east.
While the flowers of osmanthus range from silver-white (Osmanthus fragrans Lour. var. latifolius Mak.) to gold-orange (Osmanthus fragrans Lour. var. thunbergii Mak.) to reddish (Osmanthus fragrans Lour. var. aurantiacus Mak.), the extract (alcohol absolute) is usually prepared from the gold-orange flowers (Osmanthus fragrans) as tends to have more of the desirous notes and tend to be higher in carotenoid derived materials.
The decent aroma of the oil is attracting quite a good amount of interest from Cosmetics & Perfumery Industries since past few years so as a result of the same the demand of the oil is also growing in sizable pace from the global market.
- Botanical Name : Osmanthus Fragrans
- Color and Appearance : Yellow mobile liquid.
- Odor : Balsamic woody,sweet-floral,apricortish
- Odour Strength : Medium
- Application : Extensively used in fragrances for its floral and fruity floral Aroma. Its a component for high class fragrance compounds.
- Blends well with: Jasmine, Ginger Lilly, Linden Blossom,Frangipani,Rose Otto
- Industrial destination: Fragrance Industry, Flavour Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Food Industry, Cosmetic Industry
- Main ingredients : Ethanol,Linalool, Geranyl Acetate, Beta Ionone, Geraniol.