Bitter Orange Oil | Citrus Aurantium:
As the name implies, it has a bitter orange aroma reminiscent of a cross between the sweetness of sweet orange oil and the slight bitterness of grapefruit oil. Bitter Orange also known as Bigarade Orange or Neroli, has served many ancient cultures for its medicine effects in treating a large variety of health disorders. Today bitter orange teas, tinctures, and extracts are still used in connection with gastrointestinal disorders, insomnia, head aches, and obesity.
Bitter Orange Essential oil Benefits and it's Properties:
- Botanical Name - Citrus Aurantium
- Health Benefits - Colds, constipation, dull skin, flatulence, flatulence, flu, gums, mouth, slow digestion, stress.
- Blends well with - Benzoin, geranium, jasmine, lavender, all the citrus oils, sandalwood, rosemary and ylang-ylang.
- Grade - Cosmetic
- Country - India
- Extraction method - Steam Distillation
- Caution - Do not use if the area of application will be exposed to sunlight for 24 hours due to its phototoxicity.