Immortelle Essential Oil | Helichrysum Italicum:
Helichrysum Italicum essential oil, also known as immortal oil or Curry Plant Oil, is a type of essential oil commonly used in aromatherapy. The essential oil and the dried flowers of Helichrysum are sometimes used in herbal medicine preparations. When used in aromatherapy, the scent of Immortal essential oil is said to fight conditions such as allergies, arthritis, eczema, and anxiety.
Helichrysum essential oil comes from the Helichrysum italicum plant, which is generally found in the Mediterranean and southern Europe. The oil can be found in all green parts of the plant, including stems and leaves. Dried flowers from the plant can also be used for medicinal purposes.
Helichrysum italicum is also called curry plant because its leaves has a strong curry-like smell.
Helichrysum is a common, traditionally used medicine in the region in which it grows. It reportedly has anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. However, while in-lab and animal studies are promising, there is little research on its effectiveness in humans.
Helichrysum essential oil comes from steam distillation, the most common way to process essential oils.
- Botanical Name - Helichrysum Italicum
- Other Name - Immortelle Oil or Curry Plant Oil
- Oil Grade - Premium Cosmetic
- Color and Appearance - Light Yellowish Oil
- Odour Strength - Medium to strong
- Aromatic Tone - Sweet, herbal, spicy note, Camphoraceous
- Blends well with - Cedarwood Himalayan, Elemi, Frankincense serrata, Geranium, Ginger Fresh, Grapefruit Pink, Lavender High Altitude, Lime, Orange Sweet, Patchouli, Peppermint, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang Complete
- Application - Cosmetics, Perfumery, Skin Care, Beauty Care & Aromatherapy
- Country - India