Ginger Oil (SO):
The essential oils from ginger root can be extracted and used for a number of culinary and medication purposes. It is extracted by distilling the root. Ginger oil is spicy and warm in taste and flavour and can be used to add flavour to baked goods or confections and can even be used for topical application for beauty and skin care products.
Ginger is a quintessential Asian spice that is used in numerous food preparations and is also used as a home remedy for a number of common troubles and ailments. Ginger is one of the healthiest spices you can add to your diet and all its healing properties are credited to the presence of the bio-active compound gingerol. The compound is responsible for the anti-bacterial, antioxidant capabilities of the warming spice that is also used to soothe cold and sore throat. Ginger also has beauty benefits and due to its anti-inflammatory benefits, may help protect skin and hair from damage. But did you know that you can also use ginger to extract ginger oil, which can be applied to alleviate a number of health problems. Ginger oil may even be consumed for good health and better immunity.
For thousands of years, Ginger Root has been used in folk medicine for its ability to soothe inflammation, fevers, colds, respiratory discomforts, nausea, menstrual complaints, upset stomachs, arthritis, and rheumatism. It has also traditionally been used as an anti-microbial food preservative that prevents the growth of harmful bacteria, and it has been used as a spice for its flavoring and digestive properties.
The health benefits of Ginger Oil are the same as that of the herb from which it originates, with the oil even being considered to be more beneficial due to its higher Gingerol content, a constituent that is mostly reputable for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. With a warm, sweet, woody, and spicy scent that has an energizing effect, especially when used in aromatherapy, Ginger Oil has earned the nickname “The Oil of Empowerment” for the feeling of confidence that it is known to inspire.
- Botanical Name - Zingiber officinale
- Color and Appearance - Pale Yellow mobile liquid.
- Odor - Warm, Fresh Woody, Spicy and with a peculiar resemblance to Orange Lemon etc.
- Odour Strength - Odour Strength
- Grade - Cosmetic
- Method of Production - Steam Distillation
- Country of Origin - India
- Main ingredients - Alpha Zingiberene, Linalool, Terpin -4- OL
- Application - In perfumery often wanted in heavy oriental bases and in floral fragrances,also gives interesting effects with citrus oils.
- Industrial destination - Fragrance Industry, Flavor Industry, Cosmetic Industry.