Gingergrass Oil (Cymbopogon Martinii Sofia):
The oil is extracted from ginger grass and extensively used in aromatherapy. It is a perennial growing herbaceous plant having long slender stems with terminal flowering tops. The grass is the source of oil and is very fragrant. It is used in aromatherapy. It improves the circulation of blood. It helps in calming and reduction of stress, as well as the opening of sinus passages.
The oil is obtained by steam distillation of the grass of Cymbopogon martini var. sofia. The oil is yellow to brownish yellow in colour, with a fatty, sweet, herbal, grassy, rose, woody, spicy note. Its major components are Camphene, Limonene and Perilyl alcohol.
Gingergrass oil is analgesic, anti-emetic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, bactericidal, carminative, cephalic, expectorant, febrifuge, laxative, rubefacient, stimulant, stomachic, sudorific and tonic.
Therapeutically considered one of the more important of the Cymbopogon species, gingergrass is used in many herbal Ayurvedic preparations. As an essential oil, its warm, spicy, and herbal qualities can be directly inhaled (palm or steam) to support sinus and head circulation, easing heaviness.
One of its most important uses is for massage, where its significant circulation supporting qualities are used to strengthen and soothe joint and muscle well-being. Gingergrass, with its spicy and unique aroma, can be an excellent addition to your essential oil blends for massage or body oils. Like palmarosa, gingergrass essential oil possesses both soothing and uplifting properties.
- Botanical Name - Cymbopogon Martinii (Sofia)
- Part Used - Grass
- Oil Grade - Therapeutic
- Color and Appearance - yellow to brownish liquid
- Odour Strength - Medium to strong
- Extraction Method - Steam Distillation
- Aromatic Tone - Sweet, herbal, grassy, rose, woody, spicy note
- Blends well with - Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cedarwood Himalayan, Elemi, Frankincense serrata, Geranium, Ginger Fresh, Grapefruit Pink, Lavender High Altitude, Lime, Orange Sweet, Patchouli, Peppermint, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang Complete
- Application - Cosmetics, Perfumery, Skin Care, Beauty Care & Aromatherapy
- Country - India