Basil Oil :
Basil is an herb that belongs to the mint family. Having a pronounced flavor and aroma.Known as the ‘royal oil’, basil essential oil has long been in use since ancient times to strengthen the heart and mind and increase resistance against diseases. In fact, basil has been used all over the world because of its medicinal properties. Known as Tulsi in India, it is a common household remedy for various ailments, used in Ayurveda for respiratory conditions like colds, coughs and bronchitis, and is also worshiped as a sacred plant.
- Indian Referance - Tulsi
- Botanical Name - Ocimum Basilicum
- Family - Labiatae
- Aromatic Note - like Sweet Liquorice
- Plant Part Used - Whole Plant
- Colour Property - Pale Yellow
- Grade - Therapeutic
- Country - India
- Production Method - Steam Distillation
- Blanding Property - Lavender, Bergamot, Clary Sage and Geranium
- Main Constituents - Linalol, Methyl Chavicol, Eugenol, Limonene, Citronella
- Application - Deodorant, Soothing Agent, Insect Repellent, Muscle Relaxant, Perfumery Compounds, soaps etc.