Citronella Oil | Cymbopogon Winterianus:
Citronella oil is a volatile oil, which is distilled using steam distillation process from the greenish blue, lemon-scented leaves and stem of the plant Cymbopogon nardus (Ceylon citronella) or Cymbopogon winteratus (Java type citronella).
The leaves of citronella plant (Cymbopogon winterianus Jowitt) are distilled to obtain valuable oil. This aromatic oil has a citrusy, lemon-like fragrance and is used for a variety of therapeutic and medicinal purposes.This fragrant oil is a popular choice for its insect-repelling properties, making it ideal for use in outdoor activities and natural bug repellents. Additionally, Citronella oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation and promote relaxation, making it beneficial for use in aromatherapy and massage.
Citronella Essential Oil is a source of important perfumery chemicals like citronellal, citronellol and geraniol, which find extensive use in soap, perfumery, cosmetic and flavoring industries.
Citronella Essential Oil Properties :
- Botanical Ref - Cymbopogon Winterianus
- Plant Family - Poaceae (Gramineae)
- Aroma -Sweet, fresh, lemony, grassy, sweet some what woody dry out.
- Plant Part Used - Grass
- Color Tone - Pale Yellowish
- Origin - India
- Grade - Therapeutic
- Production Process - Steam Distillation
- Usage - Insect repellent, Aromatherapy, Astringent & Perfume Industry
- Mixes well with - Bergamot, Lemon, Orange, Lemongrass.
- Main Constituents - Citronellal, Citronellol, Gerniol, Esters
Our 100% pure and natural Citronella oil is carefully extracted and rigorously tested for quality and potency. Discover the endless possibilities in our 100% Pure Citronella oil.
Here is a detailed description of the benefits and usage of Citronella oil:
Citronella Oil Benefits:
- Acts as a natural insect repellent: Citronella oil is known for its insect-repelling properties, making it a popular choice for use in candles, sprays, and lotions to keep mosquitos and other bugs away.
- Helps reduce inflammation: Citronella oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation and swelling, making it beneficial for those with arthritis or other inflammatory conditions.
- Promotes relaxation and relieves stress: Citronella oil has calming properties that can help reduce stress and promote relaxation, making it a popular choice for use in aromatherapy and massage.
- Acts as a natural deodorizer: Citronella oil can help eliminate unpleasant odors, making it a popular choice for use in natural cleaning products and air fresheners.
Citronella oil Usage:
- Insect repellent: Citronella oil can be used in candles, sprays, and lotions to keep mosquitos and other bugs away. Simply mix a few drops of Citronella oil with a carrier oil such as coconut or olive oil, and apply to the skin or clothing as needed.
- Aromatherapy: Citronella oil can be used in aromatherapy to promote relaxation and reduce stress. Simply add a few drops of Citronella oil to a diffuser or humidifier and allow the aroma to fill the room.
- Massage: Citronella oil can be used topically for massage to help reduce inflammation and promote relaxation. Mix a few drops of Citronella oil with a carrier oil such as coconut or jojoba oil and apply to the skin.
- Natural deodorizer: Citronella oil can be added to homemade cleaning products or air fresheners to help eliminate unpleasant odors.
Overall, Citronella oil is a versatile and powerful essential oil that can provide a range of health benefits when used correctly. As with any essential oil, it's important to use Citronella oil in moderation and under the guidance of a qualified healthcare practitioner.