Citronella Essential Oil | Cymbopogon Winterianus Oil:
Citronella oil is a volatile oil, which is distilled using steam distillation process from the greenish blue, lemon-scented leaves and stem of the plant Cymbopogon nardus (Ceylon citronella) or Cymbopogon winteratus (Java type citronella).
The leaves of citronella plant (Cymbopogon winterianus Jowitt) are distilled to obtain valuable oil. Citronella Essential Oil is a source of important perfumery chemicals like citronellal, citronellol and geraniol, which find extensive use in soap, perfumery, cosmetic and flavoring industries.
Citronella Oil Benefits and it's Properties :
- Botanical Ref - Cymbopogon Winterianus
- Plant Family - Poaceae (Gramineae)
- Aroma -Sweet, fresh, lemony, grassy, sweet some what woody dry out.
- Plant Part Used - Grass
- Color Tone - Pale Yellowish
- Origin - India
- Grade - Therapeutic
- Production Process - Steam Distillation
- Usage - Insect repellent, Aromatherapy, Astringent & Perfume Industry
- Mixes well with - Bergamot, Lemon, Orange, Lemongrass.
- Main Constituents - Citronellal, Citronellol, Gerniol, Esters