Elemi Essential Oil is distilled from the resin of the Asian tree Canarium luzonicum. As distilled oils derived from resins, Elemi and Frankincense oils share some similarities. Like Frankincense Essential Oil, Elemi Oil is rich in monoterpenes. It can be especially helpful in wound care and for supporting respiratory health. See the Uses section below for more possible applications.
Elemi is the gum resin secreted by the majestic Canarium luzonicum tree, a member of the same botanical family as frankincense and myrrh. This tree is found mainly in tropical forests in the Philippines, where it grows wild. It is also known as Manila elemi. The tree naturally exudes the gum when it is attacked by a parasite.
The oil freshness of spicy scent is reminiscent of pepper, fennel, and lemon, which is widely used in Aromatherapy, Perfumery, Toiletries and in many such application.
- Botanical Name - Canarium Commune
- Color and Appearance - Pale Yellow liquid
- Odor - Fresh Lemony, Peppery Balsam, Green Woody Sweet Spicy
- Odour Strength - Medium
- Grade - Therapeutic Commercial
- Country of Origin/Production - India
- Method of Production - Steam Distillation
- Blends well with - Cinnamon, Olibanum, Labdanum, Rosemary, lavandin Sage oil, Frankincense, Myrrh
- Industrial destination - Fragrance Industry, Flavour Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Food Industry, Cosmetic Industry
- Application - Very useful as a freshener and topnote material in various Perfume compositions, e.g. fougeres,chypres,colognes, and Even in the heavy sweet floral bases.