Frankincense Oil | Boswellia Serrata Oil:
Fran Oil has been sought after on the Arabian Peninsula and in North Africa for more than 5000 years and has history as rich as the men and woman who used it. It also has a mention in the Bible. Olibanum is also known as frankincense and is an aromatic resin (dried sap) obtained from trees of the genus Boswellia. The famed frankincense oil is used in many cosmetics and pharmaceutical products.
Frankincense Oil Uses and Benefits and it's Properties :
- Other Name: Olibanum Oil
- Botanical Name - Boswellia Serrata
- Color and Appearance - Water white to pale yellow, thin mobile liquid.
- Odor - Fresh, woody, balsamic slightly spicy
- Odour Strength - Rich Aromatic
- Grade - Therapeutic Commercial
- Method of Production - Steam Distillation
- Country of Origin/Production - India
- Main ingredients - Alpha Thujene , Limonene , Alpha Pinene
- Blends well with - Grape fruit, lemon, Neroli, Bergamot, Lavender, Geranium, Sandalwood etc
- Industrial destination - Fragrance Industry, Flavour Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Food Industry, Cosmetic Industry
- Application - It gives delightful effects in citrus cologne where it modifies the Sweetness of bergamot and orange oils, its an important Ingredient in many oriental bases, ambres “powder” type Perfumes, citrus colognes, spice blends, violet perfumes mens Fragrance etc. Also a very important in the reconstitution of Essential oils.