Gandhi Root Oil (Homalomena Aromatic):The Gandhi Roots, also known as Sugandha mantri in general and botanically known as Homalomena Aromatic, belongs to the family Araceae is a rhizomatous aromatic perennial herb, found mainly in subtropical humid climates of Central America and Asia. In India it is naturally localized in northeastern region and distributed in Assam, lower altitudes of Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Tripura.
It’s aromatic rhizomes contain an essential oil, which is used for blending in most of the oriental perfumes. On steam distillation the rhizome yields a yellow coloured highly aromatic essential oil.
The oil is widely used in cosmetics, perfumery and aromatherapy and foods and flavour industry due to its great aromatic and healing properties.
- Other Name: Sughandh Manti Oil
- Botanical Name - Homalomena Aromatic
- Color and Appearance – Light Yellowish to Pale Yellow Liquid
- Odor - Refreshing Pleasant Spicy & Typical Characteristic note of linalool
- Odour Strength - Strong
- Grade – Therapeutic Commercial
- Blends well with - Bergamot, Clary Sage, Cypress, Fennel, Ginger, coriander oil, Grapefruit,Jasmine,Lavender,Neroli,Patchouli,Rose Otto,
- Industrial destination - Fragrance Industry, Flavour Industry, Pharmaceutical Indus try, Food Industry, Cosmetic Industry , Incense Industry
- Country of Origin – India
- Method of Production: Steam Distillation