Grapefruit Essential Oil | Citrus Paradise:
The grapefruit tree is an evergreen tree with glossy leaves and delicately scented, white flowers that give way to large, golden fruit. The peel of the grapefruit is bursting with small glands filled with essential oil. The outer pericarp is thus cold-pressed to release the aromatic components. The resulting essential oil is zesty, fresh, and bitter, with the characteristic smell of citrus.
Grapefruit essential oil is a type of essential oil commonly used in aromatherapy sourced from the peel of the Citrus paradise fruit, proponents suggest that breathing in the oil's tangy scent can help lift your mood and offer a variety of benefits.
As one of the most versatile essential oils, the aroma of grapefruit oil is clean, fresh and a little bit bitter, just like the actual fruit itself. It has the signature taste and smell of citrus fruits, which is why many people like to use it in natural household cleaning products and homemade beauty lotions, soaps or cosmetics.
Grapefruit oil is a popular ingredient in many personal care products, including soaps, shampoos, and lotions.
Grapefruit Oil Uses Benefits and Properties:
- Botanical Name - Citrus Paradise (also commonly known as Citrus Racemosa)
- Color and Appearance - Pale Yellow liquid.
- Odor - Warm, fresh, sharp, sweet, citrusy
- Odour Strength - Medium
- Industrial destination - Cosmetics, Perfumery, Aromatherapy
- Country of Origin - India
- Main ingredients - D limonene, Gamma Terpinene, Citronellal, Geraniol.
- Method of Production - Steam Distillation
- Grade - Cosmetic
- Application - It is quite useful in bergamot composition and for all modifications of citrus notes in perfumery. In flavours particularly in soft drink flavours, gives freshness.