Balsam Copaiba Oil (Dark) (Dipterocarpus Turbinatus):
Gurjun Balsam essential oil produced by steam distillation of resin gum from the Dipterocarpus turbinatus tree in Indonesia and other Asian region, is prized in natural perfumery as an inexpensive fixative. Gurjun Balsam has the ability to round out rough edges and bring aromatic notes together in a seamless cohesive manner. Sometimes referred to as East Indian Copaiba. There is however an ever so slight aromatic sweet balsamic similarity. Gurjun Balsam is an excellent extender for woody aromatic oils and is often used in natural perfumery for that purpose.
Gurjun Balsam is also a well-known for stimulating the heart and increasing blood pressure. Use in an inhaler to relieve respiratory disorders like asthma, chronic cough and bronchitis. Dilute with carrier oil and apply topically to alleviate skin irritations, particularly eczema as this oil is known to help with Inflammation.
Emotionally and energetically, balsam copaiba essential oil heals and supports. This essential oil encourages emotional healing on all levels, quieting a restless mind. Balsam copaiba essential oil helps focus attention and usher in a more profound sense of tranquillity.
- Botanical Name - Dipterocarpus Turbinatus
- Indian Name - Gurjun Balsam
- Plant Part Used - Gum / Resin
- Color and Appearance - Brownish
- Odor - Sweet, Woody, Balsamic odor.
- Method of Production - Steam Distillation
- Odour Strength - Medium
- Grade - Therapeutic
- Blends well with - Cedarwood, citrus oils, clary sage, jasmine, rose, vanilla, ylang ylang
- Application - It imparts depth and natural spicy sweetness to a rose and warm balsamic body in amber or oriental bases, "powder type" fragrances etc.
- Country of Origin - India