Hedychium Root Oil | Hedychium Spicatum:
This oil is also known as Kapur Kachari Oil or Ginger Lily Oil, well known in India and Southern Asia as a powerful antioxidant and antimicrobal. But as far as the scent goes, when tentatively smelling the undiluted oil on a smelling strip I’m overwhelmed with a heady, nose clearing freshness of spicy dried ginger root with strong camphorous, menthol and eucalyptus aspects. You can tell that this oil is distilled from the roots of the plant as there is that certain, slightly powdery rooty tinge to it, similar to the powderiness of orris root.
It is considered good for respiratory problems like congestion, bronchial spasms, asthma, cough and breathing difficulties. Kapur Kachri oil is analgesic, anti-inflammatory, spasmolytic and tranquillizer which helps in treating pain, inflammation, arthritis and rheumatic problems. It is also known for treating a gastric ulcer, fever, intestinal infections, abdominal pain, blood purification and hypertension.
It is helpful in skincare like for healing of wounds, ringworm, acne, athlete’s foot, nail infections and other skin allergies. It helps in fighting skin infections. Kapur Kachri oil is considered good for anti-acne due to its anti-microbial effects. It has good anti-oxidant properties. Also, protects the skin from the sun’s UV rays
It is used useful in Haircare as it prevents baldness (especially male pattern) and hair fall and makes them more manageable.
It is also quite useful in handing Emotional ailments and Provides tranquillizing effect on the mind.
Apart from having great therapeutic properties, the oil also possess great Aromatic Properties
which are greatly used in cosmetics, Perfumery, aromatherapy. In perfumery the oil provides great spread, coverage and strength to the entire perfumery formulation.
- Indian Name - Kapur Kachri Oil
- Botanical Name - Hedychium Spicatum
- Other Name - Ginger Lily Oil
- Part Used - Rhizomes
- Oil Grade - Therapeutic
- Color and Appearance - yellow to brownish liquid
- Odour Strength - Medium to strong
- Extraction Method - Steam Distillation
- Aromatic Tone - Sweet, herbal, woody, spicy note, Camphoraceous
- Blends well with - Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cedarwood Himalayan, Elemi, Frankincense serrata, Geranium, Ginger Fresh, Grapefruit Pink, Lavender High Altitude, Lime, Orange Sweet, Patchouli, Peppermint, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang Complete
- Application - Cosmetics, Perfumery, Skin Care, Beauty Care & Aromatherapy
- Country - India