Bulgarian Lavender Oil | Lavandula Angustifolia Oil:Lavender essential oil is one of the most popular and versatile essential oils used in aromatherapy. Lavender oil is extracted from the flowers of the lavender plant Lavandula angustifolia, primarily through steam distillation. The flowers of lavender are fragrant in nature and have been used for making potpourris since years. This oil has also been traditionally used in making perfumes. The oil is very useful in aromatherapy and many aromatic preparations are also made using lavender oil. It blends well with many other essential oils like cedarwood, pine, clary sage, geranium, and nutmeg. This oil is widely used in various forms such as aromatherapy oil, gels, infusion, lotion, and soaps.
Essential oils should be diluted with a base oil or a carrier oil like almond oil, jojoba oil, etc before application as these are the purest form of oils and are highly concentrated.
The herb is highly regarded for skin and beauty and is commonly used in fragrances and shampoos and skin care products to help purify and maintenance of skin. The oil also promotes relaxation and believed to treat anxiety, fungal infections, allergies, depression, insomnia, eczema, nausea, and menstrual cramps.
The strong, crisp scent profile has been described as a mix of mint and rosemary with a sweet, floral twist. It’s long history as a beauty and medical treatment suggests that lavender oil is far more than just a pretty plant.
Queen Elizabeth loved using lavender as a perfume, and even added it to her tea. Victorian ladies loved using lavender oil as perfumes, and it was even used as an antiseptic in the First World War. Today, we celebrate lavender oil as a means to fight headaches, reduce stress, and even keep bugs at bay. We adore the lavender oil benefits for skin, and take any chance we can get to slip it into our beauty routines.
- Botanical Name - Lavandula Angustifolia
- Color and Appearance - Near water white to pale yellow thin mobile liquid
- Grade- Premium Cosmetic
- Fragrance - Sweet, Floral,Herbaceous, Fresh with balsamic woody
- Odour Strength - Strong
- Application - It is used extensively in colognes ( citrus-colognes or the well known lavender – waters ) in fougeres , chypres, ambers and countless floral, semi – floral or particularly in non floral perfumes.
- Blends well with - Bergamot, Cedarwood,Clove Bud, Cypress, Geranium,Lemon,Grapefruit, Juniper, Labdanum, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Rosemary.
- Industrial destination - Fragrance Industry, Incense Industry, Cosmetic Industry
- Country of Origin - India