Lime Essential Oil | Citrus Aurantifolia:Lime oil is extracted from Citrus aurantifolia (also known as Citrus medica var. acida) of the Rutaceae family and is also known as Mexican and West Indian lime, as well as sour lime. Originally from Asia, it is now cultivated in many warm countries, especially the West Indies, Southern Europe, India and the Americas.
Lime oil has been extensively used in the food and beverage industries, as well as in creating fragrances. Key limes are more commonly distilled for oil to be used in the beverage industry. This versatile citrus oil is also added to household cleaners, detergents, soaps, and other beauty products. It is frequently used in aromatherapy for it’s refreshing and stimulating character and can be also used for its cleansing properties.
Modest production of Indian lime oil has commenced which is similar in profile and characteristics to that of Mexican origin. Capacities will increase in stages over the next few years with today India is producing huge volume of its oil catering to huge Global demand. India is the world's largest producer of Limes with a huge domestic consumption of fresh fruits. It is hoped that one day India will process more limes in a controlled manner in which to be a sustainable source for the global oil market.
The lime essential oil has antiseptic properties, and it can treat infections and protect against their development. More specifically, it can prevent tetanus if you are wounded by iron. When externally applied, lime oil can cure infections of the skin and wounds. When consumed, it effectively helps to treat infections of the throat, mouth, colon, stomach, intestines, and urinary system. It is miraculously effective in curing sores, gangrene, psoriasis, ulcers, rashes, carbuncles, and other similar problems. It is used to even treat viral infections of the respiratory system, including bronchitis. It is also effective in fighting other viral infections such as flu, mumps, coughs, colds, and measles.
- Botanical Name - Citrus Aurantifolia
- Family - Rutaceae
- Parts Used - Semi riped peel
- Country of Origin - India
- Extraction - Cold Pressed
- Fragrance Note - Intensely fresh,rich and sweet,peel like odor.
- Mixes well with - Citronella,Clary Sage, Lavandin,Lavender, Lemon, Neroli,Rosemary
- Odour Strength - Strong
- Grade - Therapeutic Commercial
- Application - Mostly used in cosmetics, eau de colognes and other fragrances including high class perfumes. It lends a delightful topnote to modern aldehydic perfumes.Giving Freshness
- Main ingredients - Limonene, Pinenes, Camphene,Sabinene,Citral.
- Color and Appearance - Light yellow thin mobile liquid
- Certification - MSDS, COA
- Raw Material - Peel
- Used As - Antiseptic, Anti-viral, Antirheumatic, Antiscorbutic, tonic-restorative, deodrant, Astringent, cosmetics etc,helpful for arthritis, rheumatism and poor circulation.