Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) Oil (Australia):
Tea tree oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) is an important essential oil in the field of aromatherapy, despite of being a relative newcomer; a universal and easy-to-use oil. Tea tree has a long history of traditional use. Australian aboriginals used tea tree leaves for healing skin cuts, burns, and infections by crushing the leaves and applying them to the affected area. Tea tree oil contains consituents called terpenoids, which have been found to have antiseptic and antifungal activity.
- Botanical Name - Melaleuca Alternifolia
- Color and Appearance - Water white clear liquid
- Odor - Natural Warm,Spicy,Fresh sharp,Camphorous
- Odour Strength - Medium
- Grade - Therapeutic
- Country - Australia
- Method of Production - Steam Distillation
- Blends well with - Bergamot,Clove Bud,Geranium,Clary Sage, Lavender, Lemon, Cypress, Juniper, Oakmoss.
- Industrial destination - Fragrance Industry, Incense Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Cosmetic Industry
- Application - In perfumery gathering interest for its warm spicy and fresh character for spicy colognes and after shave for men. In pharmaceuticals as a germicide,gargles,skin-disinfectant etc.