Wheat Germ Oil (Triticum Vulgare):
Wheatgerm oil is obtained from germs part of wheat seeds via cold press method. The germ contains almost 10% oil with nutty odor.
Wheat Germ Oil is widely used in cosmetic ingredient and dietary supplement. Because of its anti-oxidant and regenerative properties, wheat germ oil is a wonderful ingredient to add to body care and cosmetic products. The oil is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids and because of rich vitamin E content, it helps to prevent rancidity, Wheatgerm oil is quite useful in extedning the shelf life of other carrier oils, when it is added to them. it is also good choice to include a small percentage when mixing a massage oil or preparing a carrier oil blend.
When it is applied on to skin, it helps promote the formation of new cells, improve circulation, repair sun damage to the skin and help relieve the symptoms of dermatitis.
- Botanical Name: Triticum Vulgare
- Grade: Therapeutic
- Extraction Process: Cold Press
- Part Used: From germs part of wheat seeds
- Origin: India
- Color: Golden Yellow to Amber Brown
- Blends Well with: Many Essential and Carrier oil
- Usage - Cosmetics, Toiletries, Hair care, Beauty and skin care Products, Aromatherapy