Galbanum Essential Oil | Ferula Galbaniflua:Galbanum Essential Oil is steam distilled from the resin of a flowering plant Galbanum resin has been widely used as incense and in perfumery since ancient times. Galbanum is a plant. A gum-like material (resin) is obtained from the stems. The resin and roots are used to make medicine. Galbanum is sometimes applied directly to the skin to help wounds heal. galbanum oil and resin are used as fragrance in cosmetics.
Therapeutically, Galbanum Essential Oil is probably most widely known for its anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and nervine properties. Emotionally, I tend to find resinous oils like Galbanum Essential Oil to be calming and to support a peaceful outlook and emotional state.
The Oil is greatly respected in Perfumery, Aromatherapy, Skincare and Incense industry.
- Botanical Name - Ferula Galbaniflua
- Color and Appearance - Yellow liquid
- Odor - Intensely green, fresh leafy odor with a dry woody backnote of Balsamic, bark like character
- Odour Strength - Medium
- Grade - Therapeutic Commercial
- Blends well with - Lavender, Geranium, Oakmoss, Pine, Violet, and Oriental bases
- Method of Production - Steam Distillation
- Target Industries - Fragrance Industry, Flavour Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Food Industry, Cosmetic Industry
- Country of Origin - India
- Application - Galbanum finds extensive use although always in very modest concentrations in composition of chypres, fougere,pine,moss etc, and it will introduce interesting notes in many floral.