Marjoram Essential Oil | Origanum Marjorana Oil :
Marjoram Sweet essential oil was very popular and a common medicinal plant amongst the ancient Greeks. The name itself originates from a Greek word meaning “Joy of the Mountains”. Origanum Majorana is native to North Africa and Southeast Asia and it now naturalizes in the Mediterranean region.
Marjoram Essential Oil Uses and Benefits and it's Properties :
- Botanical Name - Origanum Marjorana
- Color & Appearance - Nearly water white
- Odor - Warm spicy, aromatic-camphoraceous and woody odor
- Odour Strength - Medium
- Country of Origin - India
- Grade - Cosmetic
- Method of Production - Steam Distillation
- Main ingredients - Terpinene-4-ol, Linalool, Carvacrol, Linalyl Acetate, Eugenol.
- Blends well with - Bergamot, Cedarwood, Cypress, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Pine, Rosemary, Tea tree, Thyme linalool.
- Industrial destination - Fragrance Industry, Flavour Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Food Industry, Cosmetic Industry
- Application - Used in spicy compounds for flavoring of meat sauces, canned Food, vinegar etc. In perfumery to introduce fresh medicinal- Aromatic, warm notes in fougeres, colognes, oriental bases.